Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Where should we live????


We need to pick three places to tell the Navy we would like to be stationed for the next four year of our lives. The list below is all the places we can pick from. Where would you choose? Please let us know if you have ever been to any of these areas and your opinion on them. We have to send in the list by the 26th.

Bethesda, MD
Camp Lejeune, NC
Camp Pendleton, CA
Great Lakes, IL
Mid-Atlantic, Norfolk, VA
Parris Island, SC
Pearl Harbor, HI
Gulf Coast, Pensacola, FL
Northeast, Newport, RI
Europe
Far East
Okinawa
Portsmouth, VA
San Diego, CA
Beaufort, SC
Bremerton, WA.
Charleston, SC
Cherry Point, NC
Corp Christi, TX
Great Lakes, IL
Jacksonville, FL
Lemoore, CA
Oak Harbor, WA
Pensacola, FL
TwentyninePalms, CA
Guam
GuantanamoBay, CU
Keflavik, IC
Naples, IT
Okinawa, JA
Roosevelt Roads, PR
Rota, SP
Sigonella, IT
Yokosuka, JA

7 comments:

Angie said...

who knew there were so many places to choose from? Wow. Of course I'm going to say anything close so we can come and visit. My first choice for you would be anywhere in California. Of course Hawaii would be really cool too, but we would never see you. But, at least you could put your butt on a beach like you want. :) I know you guys and how you want the kids to learn about all of the different cultures, so Spain or Italy would be cool. I would come and visit there too! Notice how it's all about where I can visit you? If it were up to me you guys would come back to Utah, but oh well.

Courtney and Mason said...

Wow, those are quite the choices! I've only been to Pearl Harbor, HI, and it's the Bomb! Being a vacation destionation though it might not be so great to live there. If you move there though I will totally come visit you! I've been to Florida, but none of those cities. Florida has great weather all year round so that's a plus. Definatly keep the Far East on the very bottom of your list! Good Luck. When is the big move?

Steve and Kenna said...

So here are a few other's votes
My Mom Votes:
Pearl Harbor, HI or Europe

Daine's Votes:
Corp Christi, TX

Linda's Votes:
I would not go to any of the Northern bases because you will have winters and I think you would be much happier in the warmer weather

She would go Pensacola or Spain

Heather said...

Wow, how cool! I would say San Diego for sure! 70 degrees all year long, plus it's by Disneyland the happiest place on earth :)
Then I would say Hawaii. Don't go to Jacksonville, Spence served his mission there for a little bit and it doesn't sound so great...Good Luck!

Mary Poppins said...

go abroad. how many times do you get the opportunity to do that? Or if you must stay stateside, how about hawaii, bethesda, MD, or somewhere in CA? Anyplace where I can visit would be great.

Mary Poppins said...

go abroad. then get a house that's big enough for me to come and visit. if you must stay in the US, i suggest Hawaii or Bethesda, MD.

Unknown said...

Been to HI, San Diego , Norfolk, and Corpus Christi. Hawaii is beautiful, and if you live and shop on base, you may not have problems, but my sis in law lived there (not mil), and said traffic is horrible, prices are ridiculus, lots of homeless, and bugs are huge! BUT - no snakes, lots to see, absolutely beautiful, very cool culture.
San Diego is also beautiful with very nice weather. I love it there.
Corpus is nice, too - but may be messed up right now from hurricanes, I don't know.
Norfolk is near Williamsburg and other cool historical places. The area is beautiful, too. I think housing is kind of expensive though - but probably not worse than CA or HI.
We have friends in WA - but I don't know much about it. They seem happy, though.
Good luck!